- This Monstera also known as Monstera karstenianum and it is very commonly thought to have originated in Peru, but many believe it is native to the regions of Central America and Southern Mexico.
- A very low maintenance Monstera that can do just fine in lower light levels and with less water, although it is a slower grower.
- There is a variegated version as well that is a naturally occurring genetic mutation.
- Let dry out fully in between waterings since this Monstera holds onto water more easily than its relatives.
- Does best in a well-draining aroid mix; we use coco husk chips, fine coco coir, LECA, horticultural charcoal, coarse spongerock, earthworm castings, fine orchid fir bark and fertilize weekly/bi-weekly with fish emulsion.
- Keep in temperatures between 60-85°F and cannot tolerate levels lower than 50°F for long periods of time.