Philodendron Jose Buono
- There is not much known about the origins of this Philodendron other than it was named after Jose Buono Colon from Puerto Rico. It is unknown whether it is a cross breed or naturally occurring.
- Jose Buono enjoys bright, indirect sunlight but can tolerate medium light levels as well, lower light may bring lower levels of variegation.
- We use a chunky homemade soil mix consisting of coco husk chunks, fine coco coir, LECA, horticultural charcoal, coarse spongerock, earthworm castings and fine orchid fir bark. We fertilize weekly/bi-weekly with fish emulsion.
- Jose Buono can grow up to 4 feet tall and likely taller given the right conditions, leaves can get very large.
- Does best in 60-85°F weather and will enjoy higher levels of humidity ~60% but can adapt to lower household levels.
- Water your Jose when the top few inches of the soil are dry and fully drench the soil.