- This unusual funky looking Begonia was discovered in 1984 in Indonesia, with its super pointy leaves and pink/red spots, it truly is a showstopper.
- Requires bright, indirect light similarly to its native habitat. It will love a bright spot in your home with diffused lighting.
- Thrives in well-draining yet nutrient rich soil, we use a coco husk mix with earthworm castings and fertilize every couple of weeks using fish emulsion. It enjoys a slightly more acidic soil, which can be achieved by adding oyster shells, eggshells, or limestone chips to the soil.
- Typically needs higher humidity levels to stay happy, 65-80% and can enjoy even higher at night. This may be achieved with a pebble tray or placing it near a humidifier in your home. I personally have one that is kept in a terrarium and it is thriving.
- Keep in temperatures between 50-85°F and will suffer if kept in temperatures lower than 50°F for any extended period of time.
- Keep the soil moist but never saturated, be careful never to let the soil dry out.